HOW TO PRAY THE ROSARY
1. Make the Sign of the Cross and say the “Apostles Creed.”
2. Say the “Our Father.”
3. Say three “Hail Marys.”
4. Say the “Glory be to the Father.”
5. Announce the First Mystery; then say the “Our Father”
6. Say ten “Hail Marys,” while meditating on the Mystery.
7. Say the “Glory be to the Father.” After each decade say the
following prayer requested by the Blessed Virgin Mary at
Fatima: “O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the
fires of hell, lead all souls to Heaven, especially those
most in need of Thy mercy.”
8. Announce the Second Mystery: then say the “Our Father.”
Repeat 6 & 7 and continue with the Third, Fourth, and Fifth
Mysteries in the same manner.
9. Say the “Hail, Holy Queen” on the medal after the five
decades are completed.
Sign of the Cross
In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
I Believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth. I believe in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord. He was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit, and born of the Virgin Mary. He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried. He descended into hell. On the third day He rose again. He ascended into heaven, and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting. Amen.
Our Father, who art in heaven; hallowed by Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil. Amen.
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with you; blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.
Glory be to the Father
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
Hail, Holy Queen
Hail, Holy Queen, Mother of Mercy, our life, our sweetness and our hope, to thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve; to thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this vale of tears; turn, then, most gracious Advocate, thine eyes of mercy towards us, and after this, our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary! Pray for us, O holy Mother of God that we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.
The Joyful Mysteries are said on Monday and Saturday, the Sorrowful Mysteries on Tuesday and Friday; the Glorious Mysteries on Wednesday and Sunday; and the Luminous Mysteries on Thursday. Joyful Mysteries are optional on Sundays during Advent and Christmas Season. Sorrowful Mysteries are optional on Sundays during Lent.
Joyful Mysteries Sorrowful Mysteries
1. The Annunciation 1. The Agony in the Garden
2. The Visitation 2. The Scourging at the Pillar
3. The Birth of Jesus 3. The Crowning with Thorns
4. The Presentation 4. Carrying of the Cross
5. Finding the Child Jesus 5. The Crucifixion
in the Temple
Glorious Mysteries Luminous Mysteries
1. The Resurrection 1. Baptism of Jesus
2. The Ascension 2. Wedding at Cana
3. Descent of the Holy Spirit 3. Proclaiming the Kingdom
4. The Assumption 4. Transfiguration
5. The Coronation 5. Institution of the Eucharist